Keely Y. Scott
450 Laurel Street, Suite 1600
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
(225) 214-1908Contact by Email »
Keely is a mediator with Perry Dampf Dispute Solutions. www.perrydampf.com
Keely has successfully represented clients in jury and bench trials in Louisiana state and federal courts and in Texas state courts. She has also represented professional clients before the American Arbitration Association, independently selected arbitration panels, the Louisiana Legislature and state administrative boards and commissions.
Keely has successfully defended architects, engineers and contractors in litigation involving construction defects, personal injuries, property damage and errors and/or omissions arising out of the construction of sports venues and stadiums, office buildings, convention centers, energy production facilities, condominium and apartment complexes, single family residences, student dormitories, shopping centers, churches, recreational facilities, roads and highways.
In addition, Keely has successfully defended clients in general liability, personal and commercial auto/transportation, products liability, professional liability including insurance agents and brokers, directors and officers, real estate appraisers, public officials, physicians, social services organizations, etc., and complex personal injury and property damage matters. Keely has experience in the defense of catastrophic injury and multi-party litigation. She serves as Panel Counsel for several domestic insurers.
Keely has utilized alternative dispute resolution including mediation, structured negotiations and other creative approaches to resolve complex multi-party construction defect disputes in Louisiana and numerous complex multi-party environmental disputes throughout the United States.
Keely has also served as national counsel for domestic insurance companies and London based insurance companies in complex coverage disputes arising out of environmental pollution, products liability and mass and toxic torts. Working in conjunction with various local counsel, Keely has appeared in state and federal courts across the United States.
Keely was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on August 3, 1969; was admitted to the Louisiana bar in 1995 and the Texas bar in 2003. Keely is admitted to the U.S. District Courts; Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana and the U.S. Court of Appeal, Fifth Circuit.
• Louisiana State University (B.A. Economics, 1990)
• Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University (J.D., 1995)
• Jessup International Moot Court Competition Team
• Recipient of the Jules F. Landry Scholarship and the Honorable Michaelle Pitard Wynne Scholarship
• Defense Research Institute- Professional Liability Committee; Insurance Law Committee; Construction Law Committee; and Law Practice Management Committee.
• Council on Litigation Management- Attorney Member
• Professional Liability Underwriting Society
• American Bar Association- Forum Committee on the Construction Industry- Design Committee; Professional Officers’ and Directors’ Liability Committee; Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee; Section of Litigation; Trial Techniques Committee- Professional Liability, Construction Litigation, and Insurance Coverage Litigation.
• American Bar Association- Editorial Board, Tort and Insurance Practice Section Publication, "The Brief”; TIPS Now! Fellow; Associate Editor, The Affiliate; Vice Chair: Affiliate Program Team; National Conference Team.
• Louisiana State Bar Association- Fidelity, Surety and Construction Law; Insurance, Negligence, Compensation, Admiralty Law
• Louisiana State Bar Association- Service to the Public Award, 2000; Service to the Bar Award, 2000.
• Texas State Bar Association
• Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
• Baton Rouge Bar Association