Keely Y. Scott
450 Laurel Street, Suite 1600
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
Baton Rouge, LA 70801
(225) 214-1908Contact by Email »
Keely is a mediator with Perry Dampf Dispute Solutions. www.perrydampf.com
Keely was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on August 3, 1969; was admitted to the Louisiana bar in 1995 and the Texas bar in 2003. Keely is admitted to the U.S. District Courts; Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana and the U.S. Court of Appeal, Fifth Circuit.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Experience:
Since joining Perry Dampf in 2012, Keely has mediated hundreds of simple and complex multi-party cases in a wide array of areas including, construction, first and third party property damage, professional liability, personal injury, transportation/trucking, insurance coverage, and catastrophic and mass tort litigation. Keely serves as a court appointed neutral/mediator for the Hurricane Laura and Delta Claims in the United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana and the Hurricane Ida Claims in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. She is a LSBA Qualified Civil Mediator and a past member of the Federal Bar Association/ADR Section Board of Directors. Keely routinely mediates disputes throughout the state of Louisiana and is available for mediations throughout the United States.
Keely has successfully represented clients in jury and bench trials in Louisiana state and federal courts and in Texas state courts. She has also represented professional clients before the American Arbitration Association, independently selected arbitration panels, the Louisiana Legislature and state administrative boards and commissions.
Keely has represented clients in general liability, products liability, professional liability (including architects and engineers, insurance agents and brokers, directors and officers, real estate appraisers, public officials, physicians, social services organizations, etc.), complex personal injury and property damage matters. She has experience in the defense of catastrophic injury and multi-party litigation and has served as counsel for domestic insurance companies and London based insurance companies in complex coverage disputes arising out of environmental pollution, products liability and mass and toxic torts. Working in conjunction with various local counsel, Keely has appeared in state and federal courts across the United States.
Keely has also represented architects, engineers and contractors in litigation involving construction defects, personal injuries, property damage and errors and/or omissions arising out of the construction of sports venues and stadiums, office buildings, convention centers, energy production facilities, condominium and apartment complexes, single family residences, student dormitories, shopping centers, churches, recreational facilities, roads and highways.
• Louisiana State University (B.A. Economics, 1990)
• Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University (J.D., 1995)
• Jessup International Moot Court Competition Team
• Recipient of the Jules F. Landry Scholarship and the Honorable Michaelle Pitard Wynne Scholarship
Keely has completed intensive mediation training at the internationally recognized Pepperdine Law School’s Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, which U.S. News & World Report has consistently ranked as the Number 1 dispute resolution program in the country. The coursework includes the “Mediating the Litigated Case” program.
• AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell by Members of the Bar and Judiciary
• Fellow, Louisiana Bar Foundation
• Qualified Civil Mediator by the Louisiana State Bar Association
• Federal Bar Association- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section; Federal Litigation Section; Board of Directors - Member 2020
• Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel; Board of Directors 2017-2020
• Council on Litigation Management- Attorney Fellow
• Defense Research Institute- Professional Liability Committee; Insurance Law Committee; Construction Law Committee; and Law Practice Management Committee.
• Professional Liability Underwriting Society
• American Bar Association- Forum Committee on the Construction Industry- Design Committee; Professional Officers’ and Directors’ Liability Committee; Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee; Section of Litigation; Trial Techniques Committee- Professional Liability, Construction Litigation, and Insurance Coverage Litigation.
• American Bar Association- Editorial Board, Tort and Insurance Practice Section Publication, "The Brief”; TIPS Now! Fellow; Associate Editor, The Affiliate; Vice Chair: Affiliate Program Team; National Conference Team.
• Louisiana State Bar Association- Fidelity, Surety and Construction Law; Insurance, Negligence, Compensation, Admiralty Law
• Louisiana State Bar Association- Service to the Public Award, 2000; Service to the Bar Award, 2000.
• Texas State Bar Association
• Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
• Baton Rouge Bar Association